WHAT I DO
Tweaking photos since 2004
I’m a perfectionist in many things. I also have the ability to notice if something is just off centre, if two colours that look the same are, in fact, very slightly different and whether a cupboard will fit in ‘that space right there’ or not. Things that make me a great retoucher, but a very annoying wife (sorry husband).
I also have this sense of honour and of doing a good job no matter the reward. I think gained from many hours of watching Star Trek, reading many Stephen King books and To Kill a Mockingbird in my teens. Don’t ask me how, it just is.
Because of this I take the time to get things right, and I pride myself on delivering what I promise. It’s fundamental to who I am as a person – honest and genuine and dedicated to doing my best work every time.
At University I earned a degree in Illustration. The time I spent there taught me to see the details. It made me an observer and a storyteller too.
I became a mum in 2006 and since then, I’ve been laser focused on my photography, editing and retouching businesses.
6 things you didn’t need to know but I’m going to tell you anyway.
1. I’m also a wedding, family & portrait photographer
2. I love all things geek. Board games, Star Trek (in most of its forms) and so much other sci-fi.
3. I go for walks most mornings and listen to audiobooks + Podcasts as I go.
4. I forget to breathe in art galleries and when I’m taking photographs.
5. I am married to an American who I met on the Internet in 1999.
6. I love gardening. Lockdown has meant my garden is growing all the things!