HOW DO I GET IMAGES TO YOU?
Head / eye swaps / thing removal / people swapping / removing / background extension = Please send High resolution jpgs
For WB / Over + under exposure problems = Please send raws files with their XMP files if you have them.
Culling and editing – SMART PREVIEWS
- Apply your preset to all images.
- Select all the images you want to send me and follow the below instructions.
- Send me a Lightroom Smart Preview Catalogue. You can find instructions HERE OR =
Click – File → Export as catalogue → and choose the options: Export selected photos only + Build / Include Smart previews. Do not tick any other options.
- Click ‘Save’ and make sure it is within a folder in a place you can find easily. Not just directly onto your desktop.
- Then please ZIP the folder. On your Mac, do any of the following: Compress a file or folder: Control-click it or tap it using two fingers, then choose Compress from the shortcut menu.
- The add any instructions and notes with any info I need to know about how you wanted your shoot culled or edited. I am not a mind reader. I wish I was! That would be useful!
TO IMPORT SMART PREVIEWS BACK IN
- Open the ORIGINAL catalogue that holds the shoot / wedding you want to import my edits into.
- Go to File → Import from another catalogue
- Locate your Smart Previews Cat and click ‘choose’.
- You can choose to tick ‘Preserve old settings as virtual copy ‘ if you wish. A virtual copy will allow you to see both if you wish.
- You will then have 2 sets. Your original edits and then a virtual copy showing my edits. If you do not wish to see a virtual copy then do not tick the ‘preserve old settings’ box on import.
- You’ll be able to see my edits and any images I have made 5* or changed the colour rating for.
- If you need to you can then select all the images and create a collection from them for ease of use.
- Make sure that your pictures DO NOT have JUST the ‘Smart Previews’ icon on them and are linked to your actual original raw files. It may say Original photo + Smart preview. That’s fine too!
If you only have Smart previews linked your exported images will be smaller than they should be.
- If you only see Smart Preview then click the Smart Previews icon on the film strip on a photo and search for your original photos. Choose the correct image name to sync and with any luck the whole lot will 🙂
WHAT IF MY RETOUCHING JOB DOESN’T FIT IN ONE OF THE PRICING BANDS?
Just send me the image and I’ll get back to you with a quote right away.
I AM A BRIDE / GROOM. I AM UNHAPPY WITH MY WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHS (for whatever reason). DO I NEED TO ASK PERMISSION FROM MY ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPHER FOR YOU TO EDIT THE IMAGES?
Yes you do. Your photographer usually retains the copyright and you need their permission for anyone else to edit them. I know it can be difficult to approach your photographer and make this request. You are welcome to share my page with them if it helps to show I will handle your images with care. ‘I am Switzerland’ in such cases.
I NEED SOME PEOPLE ADDED IN / REMOVED FROM A GROUP PHOTO OR A COMPOSITE
Please send me the images you would like edited, as well as any images that you have with bits of the background in. Think of it like finding the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. If I take this one thing out, what can I use to fill the space? The more I have, the less time it takes, the less costly the fee.
ALSO – send me screen shots with annotations as to who needs to go where. Since I wasn’t the one at the wedding I don’t automatically know who father of the bride is etc. And to work it out takes me a lot longer than you just adding a quick couple of annotations to the photo. In fact it hurts my head and stresses me out. So I am really happy when someone sends me clear instructions that I can make sense of in one go.
WHAT IF I NEED SOME ITEMS REMOVED FROM A PHOTO?
Simply list what needs removing. But if you think I might be unsure then please send me a screenshot of the things that bother you. It can really save time if you are the kind of the photographer where every pixel needs to be perfect. There can be such a range depending on how you work.